Anonymous reports will be considered with the same weight, though the trustees may have difficulty taking action to resolve the grievance and responding.
All grievance reports must include the following :
- Who the grievance is in regards to
- An outline of the grievance
- Any supporting evidence eg screenshots
What happens next?
- A trustee will acknowledge receipt of the grievance in writing
- The trustees will investigate the grievance. The trustees will endeavour to keep the reporter anonymous throughout the investigation. If the trustees need to disclose the reporter’s identity, they will seek permission in advance. Depending on the nature of the report, the trustees may temporarily suspend the person under investigation until the process is complete. If a trustee is the subject of the grievance, or has a conflict of interest, they will be excluded from participating in the investigation.
- At least three of the trustees will meet to discuss the grievance and decide on appropriate action.
- Written warning
- Temporary suspension from support spaces and/or social events and/or online spaces.
- Permanent expulsion from support spaces and/or social events and/or online spaces.