It is the responsibility of staff & trustees to:
- Act within the governing documents and the law – being aware of the contents as it applies to TransLeeds.
- Act in the best interests of TransLeeds as a whole – consider what is best for the organisation and its beneficiaries and avoiding bringing TransLeeds into disrepute.
- Manage conflicts of interest effectively – registering, declaring and resolving conflicts of interest. Not gaining materially or financially unless specifically authorised to do so.
- Respect confidentiality – understanding what confidentiality means to practice for TransLeeds, board and the individuals involved with it.
- Have a sound and up-to-date knowledge of TransLeeds and its environment – understanding how TransLeeds works and the environment within which it operates.
- Attend meeting and other appointments or apologise if not – considering other ways of engaging with the organisation if regularly unable to attend staff or trustee meetings. Both staff & trustees are expected to attend at least one support group per month.
- Prepare fully for meetings and all work for TransLeeds – reading papers, querying anything you don’t understand and thinking through issues in good time before meetings.
- Actively engage in discussion, debate and voting in meetings – contributing positively, listening carefully, challenging sensitively and avoiding conflict.
- Act jointly and accept a majority decision – making decisions collectively, standing by them and not acting individually unless specifically authorised to do so.
- Work considerately and respectfully with all – respecting diversity, different roles and boundaries, and avoiding giving offence.
Staff & trustees are expected to honour the content and spirit of this code.